Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake

Life has been unbelievably busy lately. James and I have packed more events within the next couple of months, than I probably have in the last couple of years... ok, not exactly, but pretty close.

In fact, a few days ago I was stressed to my limits which lead to a much needed realization that I need to be relying on God's strength and not my own. It's the only way to get through the next couple of weeks.... and well, life.

"Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!" 1 Chronicles 16:11

Amongst all of the chaos (or so it sometimes feels), I have somehow added time for some fun (and creative) projects.

Big project # 1...... RUBIK'S CUBE CAKE. Seriously.


James runs an after-school cubing club with some students, and this past week was the BCC 2011 Championship!

And of course, I could not resist a reason to bake a cake! James has been planning this event since January, and while I had plenty of time back then, I'm pretty sure a Rubik's Cube Cake would not have survived winter ...which left making a tower of deliciousness for my Wednesday To Do List.

I'm sure many of you are not planning to make a Rubik's Cube Cake any time soon, so I'll leave out most of the details.... However, I followed this very cool guide on Instructables if you are looking for details.

Step One: Make some cake.... 


Step Two: Make Marshmallow Fondant! 


I've never made regular fondant, but this stuff was really good! To make your own Marshmallow Fondant: Melt 1 bag of marshmallows. Add about 3/4 a bag of powdered sugar & two tablespoons of water. Crisco your hands and counter, and knead it until its smooth and stretchy ball.

Step Three: Make a mess.


Step Four: Recruit your friends to do the hard stuff.... Thanks Heather!

  

Step Five: Reminisce on a childhood favorite pastime....


Step Six: Consult with Hubby to make sure you get the correct color orientations.... 


Step Seven: Assemble your Rubik's Cube Cake..... 


Step Eight: Enjoy! ....Delicious & unNutritious! 



.....more projects and misAdventures coming soon.....

1 comment:

  1. Christa, that looks awesome!!! Great job! :) What did the eaters think of it?

    ReplyDelete