I have been hearing a lot of hate for the recent
So I've composed this list of....
Things to Do
When the Weather Outside is....
1. Stay inside & keep your toesy warm! Here are some inside activities:
- Read a good book.
- Start a First Snow of the Winter Tradition. Ours is pancakes.
- Say "See Ya" to Christmas (We did this one today).
- Invent a new indoor sport.
- Find a Fix-It project to do around the house (Coming Soon.... Christa's Adventures with a Desk).
- Plan out how to ideally organize your home. No action necessary.
Ok, ok, I'm sure many of you are saying, "Yeah, that's great, but I have to be outside to shovel the snow." Well, have no fear! The list continues....
2. Go outside & make the best of it! Here are some activities to make the shoveling more exciting:
- Make a contest out of shoveling. First one to finish their section gets a hot cocoa *or* a hot bath *or* a hot bath in cocoa.
- Squash little piles of snow that have started turning to slush. ::Squish::
- Sing loudly & don't worry about the neighbors.
- If you are working with other people, invent a story while you work. Each person takes turns telling part of the story. Here is a starter: "One day my car broke down on my way work. I decided to walk the rest of the way when a large porcupine crossed my path. He said to me...."
::Phew:: Now that your work is done, here is my favorite part....
3. Activities to do in the snow:
- Make a snow angel.
- Have a snowball fight. Team up against the rowdy neighborhood kids.
- Make a snowman. Give him a rich back story.
- Convince your hubby that you can go sledding without a sled (I haven't succeed with this one yet).
4. Remember the days when you were a kid:
- The excitement of waking up and seeing the snow falling out your window.
- The HOPE of hearing the words, "No School."
- The begging to go sledding (hmm... somethings never change).
- The first pancake of the first snowfall.
- The delight of coming in from the snow bundled up, cold, runny nosed, and finding out that mom just made you some hot cocoa. :-)
- Enjoy these times. Enjoy the Snow.